A Touchstone for Deep Connection and Innerstanding
February 2 - May 25, 2022
1x every two weeks (bi-weekly)
Wednesdays 6:00 -8:00 pacific time
* REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 26, 2022*
Courageous Conversations is an online forum for open, honest communication and sharing between courageous humans. It is an invitation to share vulnerably and authentically about topics that society deems as taboo or too private to discuss openly. Have you ever wondered about certain things and yet have never talked about them?
This is an opportunity to create a new touchstone of communication, connection and innerstanding that invites participants to expand their views, develop the ability to consider multiple perspectives and possibilities, to move beyond “either/or” into “and”, and to see and feel their fellow humans more deeply.
In these bi-weekly conversations, we will discuss topics that we have perhaps always wondered about but have never openly talked about. These may include sex, gender, body image, ageing, grief, belonging, relationship dynamics, the planet and its/our future … or other subjects. Participants will be asked beforehand to identify what they’d like to discuss as a group. Christina will facilitate the conversations and people will be asked to speak about their experience of the subject, and refrain from "right" or "wrong".
Courageous Conversations is about normalizing very human experiences and expanding the ground upon which we stand so that we can better come to love and innerstand ourselves and others. It is about bridging the divide of judgement and criticism and instead, cultivating acceptance, compassion and love. This is why it is absolutely so important that EVERY person there is fully on board with creating and holding a safe, unconditionally loving and supportive container free of judgement or criticism.
In order to participate, each participant must be willing to uphold these guiding principles:
Safety: We create a safe container through maturity, non-judgement, respect and confidentiality
2. Self-responsibility: We each speak of our own subjective experiences.
3. Goodwill and kindness: We hold each other and ourselves with love, acceptance, support and compassion.
4. Empowerment: We lift ourselves and each other up through positive encouragement and uplifting, loving challenge (“You got this!”).
5. Engagement: We will participate as we are able in a meaningful and contributing way.
6. Mindfulness of the shared space: We are mindful to respect and navigate the shared space, without
dominating , or hiding within it.
What this is not:
A therapy group - neither Christina nor the participants are trained to facilitate such a group, so please seek the help of a qualified psychotherapist if you need to work through some deep, painful stuff.
2. A spectator sport - please don’t come just to listen. Contribution is needed and makes for a much richer, more connected, shared experience.
3. A gossip gab - Confidentiality and respect are essential and critical for creating a safe container for all.
4. A pity party - the “poor me” narrative is not suitable for this group.
5. A soap box or preaching pedestal - this is not a place for political views or the polarizing and divisive
behaviours that have dominated social media and the internet in recent times, and in times past.
Who is it for?
Previous participants of YOU are the MEDICINE programs (NOURISH!, ALIGN!, JUICY!, The Mature Feminine) or individuals recommended through any participants who previously attended these programs.
An initial intake and interview will be required for all registrants to ensure the right fit and also the safety of the container.
How will it work?
Participants will be asked to submit ideas for topics that they’d like to talk about. They will also be asked to share about their experiences/grapplings/wonderings on the suggested subject.
Christina will facilitate the flow of conversation and ask questions for participants to answer as they are able.
Sample Session Format (120 mins): Each session will vary to some degree
Welcome and grounding meditation (5 minutes)
Gentle movement to invite full presence in our bodies (15 minutes)
Opening comments - Christina (10 minutes)
Courageous Conversations (60 minutes)
Breathwave practice to integrate and regulate our nervous systems (20 minutes)
Closing and good night (5 minutes)
Wednesdays, 6:00 -8:00 pm pacific time
February 2, 16, March 2, 16, 30,
April 13, 27, May 11, 25, 2022
$360 + 5% gst
4 Monthly payments: $95 + 5% gst
* note: prices in USD*
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 26, 2022
In order to build and maintain group cohesion, connection, trust and safety,
please do your best to attend all or most sessions.